Sunday, March 9, 2014

Transition: Tattoo Inspired Skateboard Decks for Kids



In the past I have created artwork using twisted fairy tales as a source of inspiration.  Creating dark landscapes with bright winding flowers has always been what I gravitated towards.


 I have been lucky enough to translate some of these illustrations into unique tattoo flash for Bullseye Tattoo and it has been very rewarding seeing these images come to life on the skin.










A new chapter of my life has begun, since becoming a stay at home mother, and I embrace it, but with this I have noticed a complete evolution in my work as well.  Creating SkateBaby is just one of the changes.  From pen and ink artwork, to tattoo flash, to finally hand painted skateboard decks for nurseries and children's room decor.....they may be different mediums but they come from the same odd mind!




To see more fun work go to:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SkateBaby





No comments:

Post a Comment